Each year, up to twelve athlete student-athletes are selected into the performance programme. These students will be given access to all performance programme services, as well as the below:
BUCS knockout cup fixtures in the National Trophy
- Weekly BUCS matches with the 1st team playing in BUCS Premier South
- Opportunity to play in BUCS and R&A Student Tour events
- Internal order of merit and club knockout
- Specialist coaching and technical development delivered at the Sports Park and the Vic Ambler Golf Centre (short game practice area)
- Long game, short game and putting skills sessions – x 1 week
- Individual, periodised strength & conditioning program – x 2 per week
- Functional movement and prehabilitation conditioning – x 1 per week
- Bespoke psychological & mindfulness training – x 1 per week
- Access to additional physiotherapy when required
- Comprehensive statistical analysis via the UpGame app
- Bespoke performance plans based on statistical analysis
- Full winter training programme and winter training camp (venue dependent on travel restrictions)
- Opportunity to apply for R&A bursary
HEAD COACH Harry Scott
The University of Exeter Sports Scholarship Scheme is one of the most prestigious in the UK, providing a comprehensive programme of support and financial benefits for exceptionally talented student athletes. Scholarships are awarded annually to those who show evidence of competing at international level and receive:
- Up to £3,000 financial support
- Strength and Conditioning
- A support package worth up to £3,500
- Athlete lifestyle support
- Individual sports mentoring
Scholarship applications are open from 31st October – 31st May each year. Sporting scholarships will be considered for athletes selected into an international pathway, with bursaries for those successful in receiving an R&A Bursary.
Our Sports Scholarship and Bursary Application Form for 2024 Entry can be found here.
Contact: Sports Scholarships email@example.com 01392 641313
The golf programme here at Exeter has access to a variety of onsite and off-site bespoke performance facility. On campus, the programme has access to the Vic Ambler Short Game Training Centre, situated next to the Sports Park on the Streatham Campus, allowing athletes regular opportunity to access a golf specific venue. Furthermore, the programme benefits from access to the Performance Analysis Suite, a suite fully kitted out with the latest Performance Analysis equipment and software.
The team also has access to the Athlete Development Centre (ADC) each week, with a qualified UKSCA coach that designs and delivers a programme specifically for the golf team. Off-site, the programme has access to a number of Golf Clubs that play host to training and matches. Currently, the programme has access to Dawlish Warren Golf Club (18 holes), Trevose Golf and Country Club (36 holes) and East Devon Golf Club (18 holes).
STUDYING AT EXETER
The University of Exeter is renowned for its academic excellence, establishing itself in the top 1% of Universities worldwide (The Times World University Rankings) and placing 19th in The Complete University Guide UK rankings.
The University has four, two in Cornwall with two in Exeter, closely located to the thriving commercial city centre and large St David’s train station. The University currently has around 23,000 students, of which almost 5,000 are international students. In total, the University hosts students from over 130 different countries making for a truly vibrant and inclusive academic community.
Whilst at the University of Exeter, Emily went from strength to strength on both the national and international tour. In her words:
“The Sports Scholarship Scheme has allowed me to improve my game, both technically and with coaching, but also physically with the high performance strength and conditioning sessions. I feel that the scheme this far, has allowed me to grow as a golfer and play a broader golfing schedule in which I would not be able to do, without the financial support of the University”. 2018 BUCS English and Welsh Champion 2019 R&A Women’s Amateur Champion 2019 represented England in European Nations Trophy and European Team Championship BSc Exercise and Sport Sciences (2016-2019)