Student-athletes who are selected into the performance programme are given access to all performance programme services, in addition to the below:
- Up to 3 x S&C sessions per week including recovery with UKSCA accredited S&C coaches in the Athlete Development Centre (ADC)
- 12 hours per week on court training with on court conditioning and testing with the Performance Coaching Team
- Individual coaching & player development
- 5 x men's and 4 x women's teams competing in weekly BUCS matches
- Men's 1st team play in the Southern Premier Division
- Women's 1st team play in Southern Premier Division
- Opportunities for performance athletes to compete in BUCS individuals, University Tennis Tour, British Tour and ITF events
HEAD COACH Guy Leverton
Guy started playing tennis at the age of 7. As a junior he trained in the UK and France before turning pro at 18.
He is an LTA Tutor and Assessor and has been coaching for over 30 years. During this time he has travelled extensively working across all aspects of the industry, including coaching athletes to National Championship titles and achieving ATP/WTA World Rankings.
firstname.lastname@example.org 01392 723699
The University of Exeter Sport Scholarship Scheme is one of the most prestigious in the UK, providing a comprehensive programme of support and financial benefits for exceptionally talented student athletes. Scholarships are awarded annually to those who show evidence of competing at international level and receive:
- Up to £3,000 financial support
- Strength and Conditioning
- A support package worth up to £3,500
- Athlete lifestyle support
- Individual sports mentoring Scholarship applications are open from October – May each year. Sporting scholarships will be considered for athletes selected into an international pathway, or who currently hold a top junior ITF, or world WTA/ATP ranking.
Contact: Sport Scholarships email@example.com 01392 641313
The Tennis programme here at Exeter has access to a variety of bespoke performance facility. The programme is based in the Exeter Tennis Centre on the Streatham Sports Park that offers 10 tennis courts, with a further two across the campus.
Furthermore, our tennis athletes benefit from access to the to the Athlete Development Centre (ADC) each week, with a qualified UKSCA coach that designs and delivers a programme specifically for the tennis team, as well as access to our onsite physiotherapy clinic, Ocean Physio.
STUDYING AT EXETER
The University of Exeter is renowned for its academic excellence, establishing itself in the top 1% of Universities worldwide (The Times World University Rankings) and placing 12th in The Complete University Guide UK rankings.
The University has four, two in Cornwall with two in Exeter, closely located to the thriving commercial city centre and large St David’s train station. The University currently has around 23,000 students, of which almost 5,000 are international students. In total, the University hosts students from over 130 different countries making for a truly vibrant and inclusive academic community.
As a Junior, Athena was ranked Number 1 in Indonesia with an ITF Junior World ranking of 349. During her time at the University, Athena proved to be one of the most competitive players on circuit. She went unbeaten throughout the season in the BUCS National Premier Division finishing and was awarded the BUCS National Player of the Year award. In 2016 she competed on the Aegon British Tour winning the prestigious Tier 1 event in Nottingham. BSC Psychology with Sport & Exercise Science (2015-2017) MSc Psychological Research Methods (2017-2018)