Over the next 4 years our commitments are:
Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Ensure physical activity is part of everyday life on all campuses at the University and accessible to all within the community; engaging in local and national initiatives to create the most vibrant and active campus/workplace. Establishing targets to measure our inclusive practises.
- Provide an exceptional student experience.
- In Cornwall, create differentiation of our sporting offer to develop a unique offering and facility base for our students
- Possess facilities that are compliant with national standards to sustain competitive sport and increase physical activity across all campuses.
- Build the brand in Exeter through ‘BLEED GREEN’ for our competitive sports programmes and ‘I AM SPORT’ to create a sense of community and that sport is for every member of our community
- Build our pathway for students in Cornwall, who aspire to compete at the highest level and support athletes through our High-Performance department in Exeter.
- Ensure the University of Exeter remains a top 5 UK University for sport continuing our reputation of excellence in sport.
- Performance athletes are able to access a National Governing Body (NGB), franchise or professional club performance pathway that provides a national level competitive outlet, in addition to BUCS.
- Hold a Top 3 ranking across all performance programmes
- Drive forward the University’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) vision by challenging cultures and practises, offering a welcoming, respectful environment with a diverse range of engaging activities, accessible to all students and staff.
- Play a key role in supporting the wellbeing of our student and staff population working in partnership with Wellbeing services
- Develop our work with colleagues in the department of Sport and Health Sciences to deliver an eco-system of research, academic teaching and applied skills across both departments, providing opportunities for our students to maximise their experiences and use our professional staff knowledge and experiences to full benefit.
- Develop meaningful partnerships with key local agencies and governing bodies. Contributing to our society and improve the health and wellbeing of our local community and support the delivery of our Civic agreements.
- Demonstrate our commitment to sustainability through an ECE action plan developed in partnership with our student body.